The BUET Admission Circular 2024 has been Published. The information about getting into Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) for the year 2023-2024 is out now. If you want to apply, you can fill out the BUET Admission Form 2023-24 on the ugadmission.buet.ac.bd website.
After applying, you can check the website for the list of eligible students for the admission test, as well as details about the test date, admit cards, and where you’ll be sitting for the test.
The actual admission test will happen at BUET Campus in Dhaka, and the results will be posted on the website when the test is over. The results will be released in two parts: one for those who got in based on merit and another for those on the waiting list.
BUET is a well-known engineering university in Bangladesh, and it’s in Dhaka. Unlike some other universities, BUET conducts its admission test, not through a cluster system.
You can find all the details about the admission process, like how your marks will be considered, the number of available seats, who can apply, and how to apply in the prospectus. Make sure to read it for all the information you need about the admission test.
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology Admission 2023-24
If you want to join Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in 2023-24, here are some important dates:
- You can start applying from 25 January 2024.
- The last day to submit your application is 5 February 2024.
- There might be a preliminary test on 24 February 2024.
- The written test is scheduled for 9 March 2024.
To apply, visit the BUET Admission website at ugadmission.buet.ac.bd. Make sure to keep these dates in mind if you’re interested in joining BUET!
If you want to join Bangladesh University of Engineering as an undergraduate student, there are some requirements you need to meet:
- You should have completed your HSC and equivalent exams in 2023, and your SSC and equivalent exams in either 2020 or 2021.
- You need to have a minimum GPA of 4.00 out of 5.00 in your SSC and equivalent exams from any education board in Bangladesh. For your HSC and equivalent exams, you must have a minimum GPA of 5.00 out of 5.00.
- In your secondary level exams, you should score at least 270 marks out of 300 in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry combined.
- If you have “O” level, “A” level, or a foreign degree, you must meet the qualifications outlined in the admission prospectus.
- For general applicants, a certain number of candidates (from 1st to 6,000) will be selected for the admission test based on the MCQ/Preliminary Result. However, all applicants from minority tribal groups will have the opportunity to take the admission test.
BUET Admission Form 2024
Follow these steps to apply online:
- Get a photo ready in 300×350 pixels, not exceeding 75KB, in JPG format.
- Prepare a signature in 300×80 pixels, not exceeding 20KB, in JPG format.
- Visit www.buet.ac.bd and choose the Undergraduate Online Application option.
- Enter your SSC and HSC details and proceed to the next step.
- Fill in the application form with the required information and click the Preview button.
- If any updates are needed, click the Update button; otherwise, click the “Submit” button.
- You’ll see a “Confirmation Page” with an Application Serial Number.
- Click the “Download Receipt of Application” button and print the receipt.
- Complete your payment using Surecash or the Dutch Bangla Bank Mobile Banking System (Rocket).
Application Fee Payment Instruction
Paying the BUET application fee is easy, and you can choose from two options: SureCash or Dutch Bangla Bank Limited Mobile Banking System Rocket. If you’re applying for the KA group, the fee is 800 Taka, and for the KHA Group, it’s 1000 Taka. Here’s how you can pay:
Option 1: Payment by Rocket
- Dial *322# from your Rocket-enabled mobile phone.
- Choose option 1 for Payment.
- Select option 1 for Bill Pay.
- Enter Biller ID as 292 for the BUET Admission Test.
- Put your Application Serial No. as the Bill Number.
- Enter the amount as 800/1000 Taka.
- Input your Rocket PIN Number.
- Complete the payment.
That’s it! Follow these steps, and you’ll successfully pay your BUET application fee using Rocket.
Collection of Money Receipt
If you’ve paid the application fee, you can get a money receipt by going to the website and clicking on the “Download Money Receipt” link. Once downloaded, you can print it out.
All the questions in Module A and Module B for each subject will be traditional, not multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
We’ll keep you updated with the latest information about the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) Admission Notice and the Admission Circular for 2024. We hope you find this post about BUET Undergraduate Admission helpful.
Exam System and Mark Distribution
The BUET admission exam is a written test that lasts for 3 hours. It covers four subjects: physics, chemistry, math, and English. The total marks for the exam are 500. Here’s how the marks are distributed:
- Physics: 15 questions, 150 marks
- Chemistry: 15 questions, 150 marks
- Math: 15 questions, 150 marks
- English: 10 questions, 50 marks
List of ACCEPTABLE Calculators
|FX 991 ES
|TI 30 Challenger
|TI 32 Xplorcr PLUS
The people in charge look at all the applications from those who applied on time. They decide if someone is eligible by checking their grades in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English. You need a minimum GPA of 18.00 in these four subjects. If lots of people apply, they’ll choose the first 12000 candidates. If there are more than 12000, they’ll look at each person’s grades in these four subjects to decide who gets in. BUET Eligible List 2024 will be released on 11 February 2024. The Primary Application Result can be checked through the Admission Website.
The eligible candidates can pay the admission fee and then download the admit card from this website from 10 am on 16 February 2024 to 5 pm on 23 February 2024.
|Preliminary Test Shift-1 Eligible list
|Preliminary Test Shift-2 Eligible list
|Download shift-1 Short List PDF
|Download Shift-2 Short List PDF
How to Download the BUET Admit Card?
The BUET Admit Card for 2024 is now available. It was published on February 16 for the Preliminary Selection Test of the Admission. It can be Downloaded till 23 February 2024. Only the eligible students can download the Admit Card for both the Preliminary and Written Admit Card for MCQ and the Final Admission Test. To get the Admit Card, visit the admission website ugadmission.buet.ac.bd.
Here’s how you can download the BUET Admit Card:
- Visit the admission website ugadmission.buet.ac.bd.
- Look for the Admit Card Download Option.
- Log in using your Application ID and Date of Birth.
- Download and Print the Admit Card.
A Total Number of Seats
In the BUET admission test, there are a total of 1,065 seats available for the year 2024. These seats are spread across 16 departments, which are part of 3 faculties. If you’re curious about which departments are included and how many seats they have, here’s a list organized by faculty.
Department Wise Seat Number
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering ( EEE)
|Industrial and Production Engineering
|Material and Metallurgical Engineering
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
|Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
|Urban and Regional Planning
|Water Resources Engineering
BUET Admission Result 2024
The BUET Admission Result for 2024 has been announced. You can check the result on the Undergraduate Admission Website, ugadmission.buet.ac.bd. The BUET Preliminary Result 2024 was published on February 29, 2024. You can download the result as a PDF file.
There are separate results for the Merit List, Waiting List, and Quota Result for KA and KHA Group. The written test took place on February 24, 2024. You can find the BUET Result 2023 on the admission website or download it from the provided link. The written result was initially scheduled to be published on 31 March 2024.
BUET 2024 Admission Test Helpline
If you have any problems or questions about the BUET 2024 admission test, you can get help by calling the BUET admission test helpline. Just make a call between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, and they’ll help you find a solution. You can also send an email to [email protected]. If you have any questions or need information, you can leave a comment, and they’ll try to answer your question as soon as possible.